- A deposit of 25% is needed to reserve your booking date. Deposits are non refundable.
- Payment of all remaining fees is due at the beginning of your event and should be given either directly to your Mermaid or her assistant, in the form of cash, check, money order, or PayPal.
- There is a limit of 15 children per Mermaid. Larger party sizes are better serviced by multiple mermaids to accommodate the number of children, and require an extra $75 per hour. If you decide an additional mermaid is needed the additional fee will also be due at the beginning of your event.
- It is YOUR responsibility to book a venue, (if necessary), and pay any venue fees. If renting time at a public pool or lake, please be sure to ask whether or not mermaids are allowed before booking.
- Parents or guardians must be present at all times (preferably more than one depending on the number of children present). Our Mermaids are not babysitters, nor lifeguards. They are not responsible for the safety of children or others. If at any time they feel as though their working conditions are unsafe for either themselves or others, they reserve the right to change/refuse them.
- Depending on chosen package set-up may need to be arranged. We ask that children be distracted so that we can arrive/leave without being seen. Please inform our Mermaids before the event if it is alright with your guests for her assistant to take photographs and video, (which may end up on one of our social media sites if permitted).
- Travel Costs may apply if further then 25 miles from Detroit Zoo.
By hiring Motor City Mermaid you agree and understand that there are inherent risks when swimming. You understand that participation is at your own risk, and you accept all responsibility. You agree to release and hold harmless Motor City Mermaids and the directors thereof from any and all liability, claims or demands for personal injury, sickness or death, as well as property damage and expenses, of any nature whatsoever.
A copy of this agreement will be emailed to you, as will a copy be presented for you to sign at the start of your event.